Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tomato Sauce for Bruchetta

Okay people. I am addicted to this stuff. Crumb Brothers makes the yummy long baguettes of bread that I can seriously eat a whole loaf of with this sauce on it. I had to put up quite a few jars of it last summer to keep up my habit.

-12 cups chopped and peeled tomatoes
-8 garlic cloves, minced
-8 shallots, minced
-4 cups chopped fresh basil ( grow it or go to the farmer's market - or come pick it here at my place, dried stuff in the jar doesn't do justice)
-4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
-4 tsp. lemon juice
-2 tsp. sat
-1 tsp. pepper

Boil the above ingredients for 5 minutes and then add:
-12 Tbsp. tomato paste (from a can)
-8 green oinions

Return to a boil for just a second. Then put in hot, clean jars and process in water-bath canner for 40 minutes. (pints)

No comments: