Monday, September 21, 2009

Crepes - My Chickens Are Laying

Well, since I put the apple pie filling recipe on here, I have had requests for the crepe recipe that I use with it. Here you go:

*3 large eggs
*1 1/2 cups milk
*1 rounded cup flour
*1 Tbsp. sugar
*1/4 tsp. salt
*2 Tbsp. melted butter

Blend this all in your blender until smooth. You can chill it for 30 min. or so, or be impatient like me and just start using it. It still works. I double this batch and make really big crepes because I have teenage boys who can really eat a lot.

Butter your hot pan and pour crepe batter on one side and then swirl it til it ends up all evenly layered around your pan. Turn it over after 45 seconds. Cook 45 more seconds and remove to your plate. Fill your crepe with nummy stuff like my apple pie filling or fresh fruit and pudding. We ALWAYS put sneezy-powder (powdered sugar) on top.

Do you know how to roll your crepe? Put the filling in the middle and fold the two sides toward each other, then roll it from the front end to the back. Guess I should start putting pictures on here.....

****Don't forget how good whipped cream is on or in these, and remember that EVERYTHING tastes good in a crepe: pudding, fruit, cheese, cream-cheese, pie filling, etc.....

No comments: