Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oh My Zucchini Brownies!

These are the moist-est brownies you'll ever eat.  Seriously.
Umm... everyone wants this recipe. 

Zucchini Brownies
*3 heaping cups shredded Zucchini
*3 cups flour
*2 cups sugar (or 1 1/2)
*1/2 cup cocoa (I use 1/4 c. regular and 1/4 c. dutch cocoa)
*1 1/2 tsp. salt
*2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
*1 cup applesauce
*4 tsp. vanilla

*Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 27 minutes.  Bake on a large cookie sheet greased and floured.  Hint* use Baker's Joy Spray (get it at WalMart) instead.  Or bake on your stone.

*HINT HINT* If you let your zucchini get really big (it happens... just let it), then you need to scoop out the seeds with a spoon.  Also, I will sometimes peel some of the skin off if it's really big.

*For fun you can sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips on the batter after pouring into the pan before baking.

Need Frosting???  We Do!
I use:
*1 cube of butter
* 3 Tbsp. milk (I'm guessing)
* 2 tsp. vanilla
* several cups of powder sugar
WHIPPED with the hand blender.  Spread this on your brownies only AFTER they have cooled.  Oh my. Sprinkle whatever you like on top of the frosting and serve to all of your friends.

No comments: