Thursday, April 1, 2010

Indian Lentil Yum

*This is my fav served with Jasmin Rice.

* 1 Quart of Home-Canned Tomatoes
* 2 Cans of green chilies
* 1 Cup coconut milk
* 1 Tbsp. Cumin
* 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric
* 1 tsp. Garam Masala
* 2 Cups Dry Lentils
* Salt if you really need it

Put this all in your crockpot and let-er cook until it's all soft and good.  (2.5 hours on high in my big crockpot)

Yes, of course, you can used store-bought tomatoes in a can.  ... and I always use the whole can of coconut milk.  Sometimes when I don't have any little cans of chilies I use green bell peppers instead. 
You can't really mess this one up.  Seriously.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I tried this tonight. Very tasty. Thanks.

juddfam said...

What is Garam Masala?

Rebecca Fuller said...

Garam Masala is a spice. You can order it online if you can't find it in your local store. I purchase it at the Indian Oven in Logan. Delish!