Friday, January 29, 2010

Taco Soup

This is YUM.

*brown hamburger in bottom of pan with onions, salt, and pepper
(I am a veggie and leave out the hamburger while browning the onions)

Add the following:
*1 can of chili
*1 quart jar of tomatoes
*1 can kidney beans
*2 can of black beans (use whatever you have; pinto, etc)
*1 quart of water
*1/2 package of taco seasoning (or use the whole pack if you want)
*package of frozen corn
*cilantro for garnish (if you don't have any, don't worry about it)
*a few shakes of cumin
-Then just heat it up until it just comes to a boil.  Turn it off and dish-up.

Serve with taco chips, grated cheese and sour cream.

*******an honest note:  I always add more veggies to my soup like, bell peppers, or zucchini.  There's always room for more veggies, right?  I also use my own spices instead of a taco seasoning pack because I just like it how I like it - but...... the packaged stuff is just great.  There are so many varieties of this that I do.  It just depends on my mood. :)  - but that's another story.....and another website.  (watch for it coming soon - it's all about what I grow, dry, bottle, and preserve)

No comments: